Dual Feedback Loops: Spirals Made of Spirals

VIEW ON VIMEO

Last night I spent hours trying to get something good out of the Device. It was another time of complete frustration where I just wanted to give up. There have been many of these times.

I was trying to recreate what I had done the night before, with a spiral on the Canon loop, but I was only getting circle-type shapes.

After a few hours I finally looked at that video again, and realized the spiral was created from the reflection of the red record light on the front of the Canon - and, since I wasn’t getting anything good tonight, I hadn’t hit record (this, creating it’s own frustration feedback loop).

Tonight, with some rewiring, I keyed a small dot in the lower left corner of the Canon feedback as a seed for the spiral.

Watch galaxies being created, matter flowing between them.


Music: Pink Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment